Recipes to Share: Bicol Express - A Diffferent Twist

     And so, I'm back for another simple yet yummy recipe that you can make without consuming too much of your time :) I posted two different types of Bicol Express before and now I have another one ( I just love Bicol Express so much that I try and experiment different styles on how to cook them)

Ingredients:
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
1 medium sized white onion, peeled and sliced
1 kg pork, sliced into strips
2 pcs green bell peppers, deseeded and sliced into strips
1 pc red chili, minced
1 cup milk
1 cup water
500 ml thick coconut milk
2 tbsp sugar
salt
pepper

Procedure:
1. In a wok, sauté garlic and onion over medium heat with some cooking oil.

2. When the garlic starts to turn slightly brown add the pork strips and continue sautéing until the meat turns white. Add the bell peppers and red chili.

3. Add water and milk, mix until combined then let it simmer for about two minutes before adding the coconut milk. By this time, add sugar, salt and pepper based on your liking. You may also add some spices if you like. Personally since I love basil and I always add basil in almost every dish that I make, so I added some here!

4. Gradually mix until the white sauce starts to thicken. Simmer for about 10 minutes and you're done :)

Now that's easy!~

Cook.Love.Eat

2 comments: