It's a Matter of Taste: Glazed Popcorn


     There's something about this snack that I really love. Not just because it's healthy; nor because it's homemade but it's because the flavor infused in each Popcorn blends really well. We usually make the simple Popcorn: heat oil or butter, add corn kernels, wait until it all pops and lastly add salt or cheese powder. That's the typical popcorn alright. But I remembered when I was in grade school, a certain "cakes and pastry" franchise, whose name is a female fairy tale character, also happens to sell Glazed Popcorn. It's very delicious! They only have one flavor though, but it's really great. As years passed, they don't sell it anymore so I thought about why not make some at home? They're pretty easy! :)

     My brother was the one who made them first. I remembered the caramelized sugar would cause the Popcorn to stick onto one another. Of course with more practice and some flavoring ideas, it became perfect! [yeah, I do believe in the saying the Practice makes Perfect!] So with that, I also did my own experimenting by trying on spices like adding ground pepper to have that spicy after-taste. It's very yummy! This weekend, I'm planning to experiment with sugar and cheese powder. Let's see how it will turn out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment