Recipes to Share: Canton Stir-fried Noodles


Hello guys!~ Merry Christmas! :)
     Christmas Eve is such a busy day for everyone, especially for cooks like me! There are lots to prepare and there are lots of things to check before I start cooking. Christmas Eve is also an important day for me because not only it's the day before our Christ's birthday, but also it's my partner's birthday. Since I miss my family, I decided to make one of our house specialties - Canton Stir-fried Noodles.

Ingredients:
1 kg Canton noodles
1/2 kg chicken meat, filleted and sliced into strips
5 pcs medium carrots, peeled and julienned
1 pc medium cabbage, chiffonade
assortment of squid balls, orlian and prawn balls; sliced into desired sizes
4 tbsp oyster sauce
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pc medium sized onion, sliced thinly
6 cups water (at this point what I refer to "cup" is a small bowl and not the measuring cup that measures about 250ml)
sugar
salt
pepper

Procedure:
1. Marinate chicken strips with your desired spices. What I did was use salt, pepper and Calamondin juice. I prefer marinating meat overnight so that the flavors will stick into the meat well.

2. In a wok, deep fry squid balls, orlian and prawn balls. Do not overcook these because they easily get too hard. Set aside.

3. Deep fry chicken strips until golden brown. Use paper towel to wipe away extra oil.

4. On a bigger wok, saute garlic and onion until slightly brown. Add water (just enough for the noodles to simmer and cook with. We must make sure that the result for the noodles are not hard and not soggy either)

5. Add oyster sauce, salt and pepper. Let it simmer then add the noodles. Slowly turn noodles until it's fully soaked. If you need to add water, you may do so and just adjust the flavor to your liking.

6. Add chicken, squid balls, orlian and prawn balls. Mix well. Then lastly add the carrots and cabbage. Mix until all the ingredients are mixed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment