The Big Coconut: Potted Herbs


     It's always my dream to have a green house full of my favorite plants and herbs. Though you need a lot of money to build one or to have someone build for you. Brushing that thought aside, I also have an alternate idea since I'm living far away from my hometown (where materials are cheaper) and I'm currently living with my partner, I thought of: why not have potted herbs? : )

     Taking care of herbs in pots is so easy especially if you do not have a wide space for making a small garden. At least with these pots, you can carry them around the house and placing them anywhere where the sunlight reaches. You can also re-pot if ever the plant grows bigger as months or years pass. It's also easier for you to check on the leaves if there are pests. Take note: checking leaves for pests are so important! Remember these herbs are for consumption since you are using them in your dishes. They should be clean enough and remember just to use fine brushes to remove those aphids and eggs rather than using insecticides. It's much safer to use brushes and warm water (again, it's because you are using these plants in cooking).

     If you want to start with your very own tiny "potted" garden inside your house, you can start by buying medium sized pots in any garden stores. Also remember to buy those "plates" which you will place them beneath your pots so when you water your plants, the water drained will not flood your floor. You can buy seeds or cuttings in any garden stores and in grocery stores. In my experience, seeds would sprout in nine days depending if they get enough water and sunlight. As for cuttings, it really depends if the stalks are old enough to produce roots in water or in soil. Usually for me, stalks produce roots faster in water. 

Try it now!~ : )

No comments:

Post a Comment